Saturday, November 8, 2008

Holiday prep


It's holiday preparation time. Since moving to Ontario, I fell out of the habit of making special gifts and holiday cards but this year I plan to reinstitute these traditions.

The snowman ornament on the left is one I made quite a few years ago from a burnt out lightbulb, plaster and baked modeling clay.

I bought the raw materials yesterday to make some framed, embroidered silk ribbon pictures. This idea came about this summer when I visited the main branch of the local library. They periodically cull their shelves. There were scads of craft books available and I picked up Sheena Cable's Silk Ribbon Embroidery hard covered book for a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.