Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My 25 things




It's nice to reflect on the things that give us joy during the holidays. Melissa's list at The Inspired Room called 20 Little Things to Treasure at Christmas has inspired me to make a list of my own.

My 25 things, in no particular order:

1. holiday lights
2. John McDermott Christmas special on CBC
3. watching Bad Santa and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
4. listening to The Three Tenors and Gloria Estefan's Christmas Through Your Eyes
5. eggnog
6. eggs Benedict for Christmas breakfast
7. opening up the ornaments before I trim the tree and telling my husband the story of each of them (year after year after year)
8. sipping Tassimo cappuccino
9. sending holiday cards
10. playing with my craft supplies and producing less-than-perfect gifts
11. cinnamon and cloves
12. Voortman's gingerbread men
13. curled up on the chesterfield with my dog bathed in the soft glow of the tree lights
14. Christmas crackers - wearing the silly hats, reciting the stupid jokes, and playing with the cheesy toys
15. champagne for Christmas breakfast
16. getting the parcels ready to go
17. getting excited about checking the progress of the parcels on Canada Post's web site
18. German rum cake
19. chocolate brandy beans
20. holiday phone calls to family and friends
21. taking lots of pictures
22. smiling at and talking to everyone in the stores
23. seeing my husband's happy face
24. spending the holidays with people I love
25. decorating my dog (not his favourite holiday thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.