Sunday, December 21, 2008

Words can heal

  1. Here is the summary of the first chapter of the book Words Can Heal Handbook:

    Making fun of someone causes anguish and painful memories.

    If you find yourself about to say something cruel, remember that the words you say in a fit of anger will last a lifetime.

    Harsh words from a stranger can really hurt.

    So much anguish is caused because we simply do not think about another person’s feelings before we speak.

    There is no deeper wound than humiliation.

    Cruelty from the people closest to us stings the most.

    Words have the power to take a life. If you think of your mouth as a deadly weapon, you will be far more careful.

    In the book Words Can Heal Handbook you will find out how to improve your relationships, and how to see if you are unwittingly destroying them. You can read the online version of this book at the following link: http://www.wordscanheal.org/readthehandbook/default.htm

    THE PLEDGE

    I pledge to think more about the words I use.

    I will try to see how gossip hurts people, including myself, and work to eliminate it from my life.

    I will try to replace words that hurt with words that encourage, engage and enrich.

    I will not become discouraged when I am unable to choose words perfectly, because making the world a better place is hard work.

    And I am pledging to do that, one word at a time.

    I took the pledge; you can too at: http://www.wordscanheal.org/takethepledge.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.