Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dogs

My goal is to someday be the person my dog thinks I am.
Author Unknown, QuoteDB


PBS NOVA: Dogs Decoded How smart are dogs, and what makes them such ideal companions? captured my attention and led me on a pleasant, informational journey. The documentary not only discussed the dog-human connection but many components that intertwine to articulate dog companionship.

One part that fascinated me was the research into the primal similarities and differences between dogs and wolves, with the test group being a different branch of canids.

Another sequence explored the genetic history of dogs, which dovetailed perfectly into an interview with a breed standards protester.

Conclusion quote from the end of the documentary transcript: "Experiments have shown what dog owners have always suspected: after thousands of years of living together, dogs are attuned to us like no other animal."

If you click on the transcript for PBS NOVA: Dogs Decoded, the full text of the documentary drops down for discovery, at your leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.