Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food



My RSS feed presented me withThe Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food, which is an OP ED of The New York Times' report called The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food.

Not wanting to break with tradition, I've titled my OP ED of the NYT report the same.

I don't understand why people don't get it.

These food manufacturers are not the least bit interested in food or nutrition.

They're interested in profit.

Like many manufacturers, they create the need however they can.

These are corporations, not altruistic organizations watching out for our best interests.

How else could they get people to freely choose something to eat that has a nutrition panel that reads like the above? Breakfast anyone?
Sad but true.

You can learn how to read food panels for the USA's FDA How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label or for Health Canada's The Nutrition Facts Table

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.